Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Colored Rice

I love this stuff!  The colors make me happy and I know two little preschoolers who enjoy it too:).  I'm working on filling their general sensory bin so I'm making several batches over the summer.

Things you need:

Rubbing alcohol
Food coloring
Plastic bags

Instructions:

Divide rice into bags
Pour in some alcohol (I just do two pours)
Mix colors as you wish
Seal and shake each bag
SN:  The longer you let the rice sit in the bags the brighter the colors


 Pour onto paper plates or newspaper (something you don't care about) and let dry


When the rice is dry pour into a plastic container for some sensory fun!

Ideas for play:  

Pouring
Seek and find
Rice art (you know...like the sand art kits)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

Thanks for the recipe. Saves me from trying to track it down online and allows me to continue avoiding a Pinterest account.