Saturday, June 23, 2012

"HOLMESchool Happenings/Summer Fun

I'm too excited about about all of the things we are doing/going to do this summer!  We have already gone to different parks, libraries, and taken several trips to the sprayground.  Summer is SO fun!

Here are some things we've been up to in the pre-school department...

 Sensory Play/Coloring pasta
Filling our sensory buckets a little more



 Making igloos
 Fixing/finishing Singin' Diva's Spidey blanket and pillow

I made this matching activity to go with "Wocket in my Pocket" by Dr. Seuss.  I have been doing so much research on homeschool and been inspired by the creativity of the moms and dads I read about.  So I decided it was time for me to put my creative mind to work!  Each girl has their own "wocket" (no judgement people...he's REAL homemade...ha!) and matching fabric rectangles to match to the pockets.  I LOVE it and I know they will:).

...and painting!


If I'm being honest, I have been anti-painting at home.  When I think of the mess I cringe, BUT no more!  Dancin' Diva painted "brilliant" (her words) paintings for at least 45 minutes and painted again today while Daddy slept.  You see the sticker-filled easel above?  It's now a lovely shade of grey because of Daddy's little nap...ha! 


Next on our summer bucket list:

1.  Colored ice cube painting
2.  Spray bottle water play
3.  Chuck E. Cheese
4.  Bounce U (thank you summer reading program for the free passes!)

We hope you're having a fun-filled summer too!

P.S.  Lil' Bit just decided to walk across the room last night, but she hasn't done it since:(.  We'll keep practicing.

1 comment:

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

How did you get the colors to be so bright on your noodles and rice? Also, will you please just agree to homeschool my girls too already?