Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sad Pack...Happy Holmes!

It's taken me a few days to blog about this, but I am officially done coaching the NCSU Dance team!!! No disrespect to the team or the program, but in life sometimes you have to replace something you love with something you love even more. After a week of not having to worry about my two to three, 14 hours days per week I can truly, physically feel the difference in my mind, body, and spirit. I have had a wonderful almost first year of marriage, but now I really get to come home everyday and enjoy doing NOTHING or EVERYTHING with my best friend...J! Now by no means am I done with coaching, but what I do know is that I will never coach outside of a 30 mile radius of Greensboro. I thank Heavenly Father that I was safe all of those late nights and I have a husband who would wait to eat dinner with me every night that I was gone. I am not sure what to do with all of this time, but I am figuring it out slowly. Here are a few things I plan on doing:

1. Cleaning my house! Who knew it took assigning a room per day of the week just to keep a house clean. It's so stressful.

2. Learn how to relax. I am dead serious when I say I really have no clue how to do that for long periods of time.

3. Learn more about the gospel. We can truly do FHE now and a kazillion other things that I've been so excited about!

4. Do things for me!!!

Well, for now I will leave you with those thoughts. I look forward to accepting dinner invites, camping invites, and I also look forward to being able to hang out on Friday nights!!! Bowling is over next Wednesday for J and this Friday for both of us for the Friday Nite Mixed league. I'll save the bowling stuff for another blog though. That's a whole separate blog in itself:) Wow, just typing that made me realize how much stuff I really do. Hit me back people!

Erks!

5 comments:

shelley said...

Love the title! And love the list of things to do. I seriously created a list of things I was going to do when I quit my job to stay home with the baby. I made it when I was 5 months pregnant and put in on my desk at work to motivate me through the rest of my pregnancy. The first thing on the list? "Smile because I want to and not because I have to." I was so sick of feeling "on" everyday - I know you know what I mean!!!!

Natalie said...

Hey Erika,

I am glad you will have more time to yourself! You need it girl. I still can't believe you would go all that way. That is dedication! Are you guys in for soccer tomorrow? 10am! Lemme know.

Natalie

andrea said...

Jeremy would wait to eat dinner with you every night? That is so sweet. Poor Andrew eats by himself every Wed night because I've already eaten with the kids. Maybe I should do something about that.

Carrie said...

Erika, you forgot something on your list.....play with me and the girls at camp!!! Not to mention that you will be plenty busy getting ready for camp. : ) Seriously, it will be so nice for you to be able to relax for once and have a night at home with your man. You have earned it. Enjoy! Enjoy!
Carrie

The "D" Family said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad that you are going to have some time to relax AND play! I know how to give killer hand massages if you need help relax, and I am pretty good and playing too!! Can't wait to see ya!