Monday, May 7, 2012

Clean It!- The Schedule

So I'm on this kick that I'm praying will stay with me and become a habit.  It's called cleaning my home.  Not a novel idea at all, but one that many women and men struggle.  So I sit somewhere between,"I must clean until everything is in it's proper place" and "who cares because my kids are awake" and I think this a good place to be:).  I want people to come into my home and things be tidy, but not at the expense of loosing out on valuable family time.  I want my husband and kids to feel like they they "live" in their home without fear that mom is going to chop their heads off because they dropped a cheerio or didn't put their shoes in the shoe bucket.  So now that I'm out of the,"you've had a three babies in the past 4 years" fog I can wrap my brain around a cleaning schedule.  Yay for me!!!

Luckily I have some wonderful family and friends who feel the same way that I do about this and they have physically helped me numerous times in my endeavor to get my house in order!  They have organized clothes and closets, cleaned floors (YES, on their hands and knees), kept the girls occupied, and helped me fold laundry.  I have some wonderful friends:).

So on to the schedule.  I don't know why, but I get really excited when I begin to schedule anything!  You should see my notebooks that I write in.  They have several versions of schedules because the first schedule you write is never the final plan:).  So anyway...I have a room that I clean each day and some items that should be done every day.  So that this post is not crazy long I am going to just talk about Monday and then for the rest of the week I will blog about what I cleaned on that particular day.

Monday is bathroom day.  Yuck!  Hey, but it's got to get done.  I clean everything in each of my three bathrooms.  I clean the shower while I'm in it, sweep/mop the floors, clean the tubs, toilets, sinks, and mirrors.

The items that should get done everyday are the following:

*Take a load of laundry out of the room with you in the morning (I'm still working on this habit and I want to fold and put this away right after lunch.)
* Vacuum the dining room and living room (I do this because I have carpet in my dining room and it's awful if I don't vacuum or at least pick up big stuff off the floor every other day)
*Dishes (t\This is actually my husbands job and he loads and unloads the dishwasher every day)
*10 minute pick up (I haven't actually implemented this yet, but I want to start.  I think I'm going to do this at lunch, dinner, and bedtime.

So there you have it!  Day one of the cleaning schedule:).

No comments: