Thursday, July 12, 2007

Things I miss when I'm away from home doing camps

So I think everyone knows that I do cheer camps during the summer. It's a great summer job, but it can get a little long sometimes. So I've been at camp this week and I've been thinking of things I miss when I'm away from home. I know I may be taking the risk of sounding like a 2 year old, but I really do miss home in a different way now that I'm married and more settled in my ways. So here's a short list:

1. I miss my human heater...J!

2. I miss my sleep!!! I cannot go to sleep at a decent hour when I'm away because I don't have my tempurpedic bed or my human teddybear!

3. Normal conversations. Most of the people I work with are between the ages of 17 and 22.

4. Working a normal working day. Camps are from 8am to 8:30pm.

Well, I'll see you guys soon when I return on Saturday, but I go out again on Monday so the visit home is very short (I am basically coming home so that I do not miss church).

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I remember the days of working camps. Long days indeed. Just keep reminding yourself that working long days and with kids is keeping you young. I hope you are having fun! Hope to see you Sunday.

shelley said...

Things Shelley misses when Erika is at camp...
1) Erika
2) Watching SYTYCD with Erika
3) Rolling our eyes at our husbands with Erika
Come home!!!!! :)

Erika said...

Ha! Shelley, you are too funny:) I miss those things too. I'll be back by 1pm tomorrow...yipee!