Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's to-be Day!

I had so much fun for Mother's to-be Day/Mother's Day:) On Saturday J made a wonderful breakfast for me, my mom, mother-in-law, and and sister-in-law. He wouldn't let anyone lift a finger and it was sooooooooooooo worth it. I don't have pictures of that part of the day because it's on my old camera and I don't have the proper equipment to get those pictures downloaded. However, the omelets were beautiful! We all felt as though we were eating at a gourmet restaurant. Before we ate, Jeremy gave a wonderful prayer and it made each of us feel as though we were the most precious woman on earth. I love my Jerms!

He also got me a card that was pretty and purple:) I asked him if he was boycotting pink and he kind of said yes. We aren't really pink people, but I have definitely started to like it more since we got pregnant and even more since we found out we're having a girl!

On Sunday, we got up to go to church and when I came out of the bedroom Jeremy had made some cinnamon rolls that I mentioned wanting the night before (yum). We NEVER eat breakfast before church so this was huge.

J and I really want Mother's Day and Father's Day to be more about the small things and spending time with family...not about money. I was very pleased with the entire weekend and I am looking forward to many, many more Mother's Days to come.

I love you J and thanks for one the best days of my life!















Me (19 weeks preggo) and the bestest guy in the world...my hubby, J:)

5 comments:

shelley said...

2 posts in less than a week?!? it's blowing my mind! you both look GREAT in that pic btw! and did you get your new camera?

Erika said...

I know, I know!!! It's crazy how on the ball I've been with posting. I am now motivated to keep the blog alive:) ...and yes we took that picture with the new camera that has a way easy timer on it. Thanks for the compliment!

Natalie said...

Jeremy does rock! Great job! And so excited for you both!

andrea said...

Before we had Whit, I was completely anti-pink. But ya know what? LOTS of people gave us gifts of pink clothes and I wasn't about to let them all go to waste. So I dressed Whit up in all the frilly pink we were given and it grew on me. I even own a couple of pink shirts myself these days. :)

Glad to hear it was a fun Mom's day for ya.

Anonymous said...

Look at how cute you look all pregnant (Jeremy doesn't look too bad either)!!! What a fun time for you guys and I LOVE the name!