Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On Writing...

So, two days down in my summer vacation, two days closer to my book being finished. Don't any of you go getting your hopes up too much. I still have a loooooooong way to go. But, my goal is to write 2000 words a day for the remainder of the summer, roughly 3 single spaced pages. So, in the last 2 days I have written over 4,100 words and I'm feeling good. I decided, while I'm writing to give those interested a little taste of my adventure story in the form of a picture detail of my main character Mychal. This is an origional pencil sketch by my great friend, Oren Ralph. He's an amazing artist, and I'm very lucky that he has a lot of interest in my story and drew this from my descriptions to help to motivate me. A character that looks this cool is just begging to be written about don't ya think?

That's the face of determination.


I've got a bunch of pics to post in the near future, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow. What an awesome picture! Look forward to reading it soon!

carrie said...

very impressive, and i'm so intrigued about this book! i think it's awesome you are writing one! good luck!