Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homeschool: Fourth of July

So I have a problem.  I plan, and plan, and plan but have a hard time actually preparing the awesome crafts/activities I find and think of doing so that I can actually do them with my kids without the headache that comes with procrastination.  So tomorrow's holiday gave me a reason to complete one of my units I have had in the planning stage for a week or so.  Ahead of time, I got everything ready for the Fourth of July unit and was ready for today...yay me!!!

SN:  I know tomorrow is the holiday, but we will be playing all day with friends so I did our lesson today.

Grandmom let us invade her house so that we could still come visit and get things done.  It was so much fun and I know she enjoyed "seeing" school.  I've got SO much planned for next school year and this makes me giddy:).  

We hope you enjoy you 4th of July!!!

The books we read and the crafts supplies...ready to go!
 Mini red, white, and blue sensory bins
 Wind socks (favorite)
 Gluing our American flags
 Chalk drawing, sprinkle fireworks, popsicles, and bikes
 Straw fireworks (my favorite activity of the day next to the windsocks)
 Star lunch

Bonus...
We listened and colored to the music of a string quartet at the Benjamin Branch library on Monday.  THIS was so much fun!!!  The best part was when DD says to me,"Mommy, look at this sound!"  She totally understood the concept behind coloring to the mood/tempo of the music.  The library is truly a magical place...love it!

2 comments:

shelley said...

cool erke! i love that benjamin branch library activity. we need to get back to the library this summer.

we're doing a fun (outside!!) painting activity tomorrow too - fill up spray bottles with red, white, and blue paint to make fireworks. (you have to add a little bit of water to make it not so thick) - if you ever get the urge to do something like that. :)

Anonymous said...

Shelley, that sounds fun!!! They love painting so I love a new spin on painting for sure!

E