Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One-on-One Time

Dancin' Diva and I have one-on-one time while the other girls are sleeping on school days.  When we have school together things are great, but there's nothing like on-on-one time with each girl.  It gives me time to really see where each girl is in her development and it allows each of us to really linger in the excitement when the "light bulb" comes on:).  The "light bulb" moment for DD on this particular day was word families.  We were doing our graphing activity when she starting forming words and wanting to continue.  So we quickly wrapped up graphing and I took a piece of paper and wrote "at."  We then proceeded to add consonants and she LOVED it!  She thought it was hilarious every time we made the consonant sound, added the family sound, then got faster and faster (insert giggle from me as I type...hehe).  I absolutely loved seeing her realize that she was making the words!  Now my next planning task is trying to figure out when I will get in some time with the Singin'Diva.




 She decided that putting "M" in the graph was a good idea and then "MY."  :)





I even got in on this action:).  It was pretty fun!

1 comment:

A Mormon Mommy said...

I am impressed! I could have taught my buddy...but my princess is a whole other story!