Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our day without TV

Now I m not a TV hound.  I let my kids watch it and I have no problem with it, but I think it's because I also do so many hands on things with them that I don't feel bad.  Today, though, I really wanted to make our entire day, from 8am-2pm, free of TV.  Partly because I want to train myself for next year with preschool and partly because I have SO MUCH STUFF for little hands to learn with that it doesn't make any sense for them to watch TV between 8am and 2pm.  Slowly, but surely I am including Lil' Diva in on some structured activities also.  Dancin' Diva can do several things independently now so it's easier to get Lil' Diva in on the action now:).

Enjoy!

 In and out in and...
 Moon Dough:
4 cups of flour
1/2 cup of baby oil
Mix and play!
 Blocks
 Sensory Play
 My find of the day that I fell in LOVE with...Foam sheets cut into shapes+water+brushes= Greatness!
Her blog is GREAT!  Check her out!
Finished product
Edible finger paint that satisfies while big sisters are "painting" on the window...YOGURT!!!


2 comments:

Laura Lewis Beaman said...

You are such a terrific and inspiring Mom. These ideas are fantastic.

shelley said...

i really like the foam on the windows and the colored rice. i might use these ideas myself. good job momma! :)