Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moments

10/2/09 - DD's really quiet in our bedroom so I send Jeremy in to check on her and she's on the step looking into the tub. Five minutes later M's quiet again so I go in the bathroom and she has climbed into the bathtub. (I watched her do it later that day and she actually knows how to climb in properly)

10/6/09 - DD and I were playing with her frog Taz that sings. She was done with him and when you don't touch him for a few seconds he says "bye bye." She walked away and said "eye yi." It was too cute!

10/9/09 - DD has a new word. It's "uh oh." Anytime she drops something or toots :) she says it now and it's the cutest thing ever!

10/12/09 - At the park today DD saw an Elmo stuffed animal and I heard her say what I thought was "e-mo" but I just went on because I wasn't sure. Well tonight J and I were talking and DD brings over an Elmo DVD and gives it to us and says, "e-mo." We both stopped and were, of course, amazed!!!

10/15/09 - We always say our prayers before we eat, but when DD eats before or after us sometimes we don't get one in with her. Well today I decided that we pray so much with her that she probably knows what we're talking about. Sure enough I say, "DD we're going to say a prayer." She proceeds to fold her tiny arms and gives me this big 'ole grin like she was so proud of herself. J and I were both really happy!

So daddy and DD have a workout routine that they do when I'm at the cheer gym...pull ups. When I came home tonight and J told me that she did 3 pull ups!!! Now she goes around the house trying to do pulls ups on everything...even the stove! We had to have a little conversation about that one.

10/19/09 - DD said "ball" today!!! She's known what a ball is for a while now, but she actually said the word. Where did my infant go?

10/21/09 - On the way home from story time today I gave DD a cracker and her milk. I was talking to my friend when I heard a little voice say, "ca- ca, ca-ca, ca-ca." She was saying cracker!!! I cannot believe how just all of a sudden she's saying words.

10/26/09 - DD is repeating everything we say and remembering the connection to the actual object. She said shoes, socks, and hi today!!!

10/30/09 - DD has a song that Grandmom sings to her that involves dancing and snapping fingers. When you sing it to her she goes in complete dance mode, hips shaking and all. She also snaps her little fingers when you change up the words. She IS my child:)

11/1/09 - During sacrament meeting when the sacrament was passed J whispers to DD about how we should think of Jesus. DD looks at him and repeats, "Jesus." If we weren't in church I think we would have both screamed.



4 comments:

shelley said...

"we had to have a little conversation about that one" and "if we weren't in church, we would have both screamed" - classic!

this is the fun age where they just start blossoming! enjoy! it just gets better.

Sawyers Family said...

I love that her vocab is expounding...and I love her BIG smile! I don't know that I have ever seen a kid with a smile as bright as Mia's!
And good for her already doing push ups!! That's great! I know I can't do any!

Natalie said...

Wow her vocab is really exploding right now! She is soo cute. I love that she says uh oh when she toots. Hilarious.

Marti Family said...

Sooooo stinking cute!!!! She is getting to be a big girl now. What a cutie pie!